ZweigWhite’s Professional Development Series is available in an online format that allows civil engineers to earn continuing education credit immediately by reading specially focused, sponsored articles and taking a quiz. Or, engineers can participate live in specially focused, sponsored ZweigWhite webcasts to receive professional development hours (PDHs). Webcasts are fully synchronized visual and audio presentations streamed over the Internet. These online events may provide interactive features such as desktop presentations for product demonstration.
To access the Professional Development Series or webcasts portals, visit www.zweigwhite.com/cedu.
Most of the sponsored articles and live webcasts award one PDH for successful completion. All PDHs are free. If you read or view the content, display an understanding of the stated learning objectives by taking a quiz, and follow the simple instructions, you can fulfill a portion of your continuing education requirements at no cost to you.
Note: It is the responsibility of the licensee to determine if this method of continuing education meets his or her governing board(s) of registration’s requirements.
After creating a free account, ZweigWhite Professional Development Series portal users can enter their username and password to return to the portal. Quizzes can be taken online and graded immediately. If you answer at least 80 percent of the questions correctly, a certificate is made available immediately for printing or downloading. The portal also maintains a history of quizzes taken by registered users.
The following articles, previously published in CE News or Structural Engineering & Design magazine, are currently available online:
- Differential shortening of tall steel building columns;
- The Practical Differences in Material Properties of Flexible Pipe Products;
- IPD, BIM, and supply chain optimization: Bottom-line benefits of 3D-enabled lean delivery for AEC projects;
- Siting Considerations for Open-Bottom Buried Precast Concrete Bridge Structures;
- BIM in a cloud: What structural engineers and architects need to know about cloud computing for business success;
- Performance-Based Specifications for Roadways;
- Rainwater Harvesting and Re-Use: A Tool for Stormwater Runoff Reduction;
- Articulated Concrete Block Design;
- Practical Factors and Considerations Related to Culvert Inspection;
- Slender Column Design Based on ACI 318-08;
- The Use of Corrugated Metal Pipe and Structural Plate for Aggregate Tunnel and Conveyor Enclosure Applications;
- and more.
Link to library of paid courses
The ZweigWhite Professional Development Series portal also contains a link to a large, paid course library that presents technical training for civil engineers and other AEC professionals, as well as PDH-approved courses that are designed to meet specific state licensing board continuing education requirements. Upon completing paid courses, completion certificates are placed in users’ accounts and results are reported (if required) to the appropriate boards on their behalf.
The online courses are designed using the latest techniques to be fast, informative, and user-friendly. Courses are available at fundamental, intermediate, and advanced levels and typically cost less than $50 per PDH. Topics include stormwater, wastewater, water distribution, groundwater, pavements, green infrastructure, open-channel flow and channel design, stream restoration, roadway design, highway engineering, parking lot design, retaining wall design, and many other fields.
CE News archived webcasts
Note: People who view archived webcast presentations are not entitled to receive a certificate of attendance. Only those who view live webcasts are eligible for credit.